Standard Operating Procedures
You must receive an electronic confirmation or call from your individual pet care provider or the office within a day or two before departure. Please do not depart without this
Your decision to partner with our company to provide professional pet and home care services is one we take very seriously. We commit to care for your pets with love, respect, and individual attention.
Additionally, our company will perform crime deterrent activities in your home each visit to provide that “somebody’s home” appearance. We will collect mail, adjust blinds and lights, and water your indoor plants at no additional fee. To allow us to better serve you please take a few moments to become familiar with our array of services and routine policies.
- Services provided:
- Daily Visits — Daily visits are between 30 and 45 minutes in duration and generally occur between the hours of 6:30 a.m. — 8:30 p.m. Dogs generally receive two visits per day with 12 hours between visits. Clients generally request one visit per day for cats, birds and reptiles. These may occur any time of the day unless requested otherwise.
- Midday Walks — These visits are 30 minutes in length and occur when you are in town but unable to return home to care for your pet over the noon hour. These visits occur generally between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Trial Visit — A trial visit is an additional ‘get acquainted’ opportunity before you depart on your trip. It may be required to ensure that the pet will allow your Pet Net representative to safely enter the home and provide care or to allow us to become better acquainted with your exotic pet or an unusual routine. These visits are generally 20 to 30 minutes long.
- Every Other Day Visits - Visits for animals who do not require daily care. Special criteria must be met to qualify for Every Other Day Visits. Please contact our office for additional information.
- In order to ensure peace of mind and to better monitor the health of your pets we must visit your home at least once every two days during the terms of our contract. We will not provide service on every third day basis.
- We prefer not to share the care of your pets with anyone else. This is for your pet’s well being, the security of your home and our IC’s protection. If you desire for us to share the visit with another person (family member, neighbor, or relative), our service contract releases us from liability due to negligence of the other party. This also applies when other contracted services (carpenter, maid, carpet cleaners, etc.) will be in the home during the period of our contracted service with you.
- With the exception of the requirement to administer time-sensitive medications, we cannot commit to be at your home at an exact time each day. When time-specific visits require adjustments of our schedule, there will be an additional charge. Due to traffic, weather conditions, and the unpredictability of circumstances at prior scheduled visits that day, we still cannot guarantee an exact visit time but will make every effort to be there at the requested time.
- Pet sitter will not provide service for loose (not contained) or chained dogs. If pets are contained in a fence or by invisible fencing when a company representative is not there, our service contract releases us from liability for incidents involving pets left outside unsupervised.
- Our signed service contract permits us to get medical care from your veterinarian and the animal emergency clinic with reimbursement of all incurred expenses to company.
- We cannot accept biting, aggressive, or ill pets. Pregnant pets are accepted on a case-by-case basis. We appreciate honesty and full disclosure of your pet’s needs and personality!
- We reserve the right to require a paid trial visit if our company representative feels it is necessary for their safety or to become better acquainted with the pet or the daily routine.
- If you have not received a service confirmation call or email from your pet care provider or the office within one or two days of your departure, please call the office. Do not assume that your message on our office answering machine or email message to us confirms service.
- Please make reservations for future visits through the office so there will be no misunderstandings about your departure and arrival dates and times.
- We require that you contact the office or your pet care provider with a “we’ve returned home” confirmation call.
- Please keep the office updated with changes to information gathered during the registration interview. Of particular importance is information concerning your contact phone numbers, security system status and pet health care (medications or veterinarian) changes? Instructions for administration of all medications must be clearly written on a separate sheet of paper.
- Once you have scheduled services, we ask that you call the office with any changes in your travel departure or return times. If you forget to inform us of your delayed departure or early return and you are there when your pet care provider arrives for the scheduled visit, you will be charged the normal visit rate. When possible please call the night before with a change in departure or arrival times to accommodate our coordination of visits.
- Travel plans change and “things happen” when you travel. If you find you will need us to continue service beyond the contracted period, we request that you advise us as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to accommodate your requests and additional visits will routinely be made at your normal visit fee. A late request fee may be added. Cancellation of pre-paid visits due to your early return will be credited towards future service visits.
Your personal check is always welcome. First-time clients who prefer to pay by check are requested to provide the total fee to the pet care provider during the Registration Interview. For subsequent visits, you may leave the check on the counter for the pet care provider. For clients who schedule routine daily walks, payment of your anticipated monthly bill prior to the start of the month is appreciated. Adjustments will be recorded and applied to the next month’s bill.
- The company maintains strict control of your house key and security alarm code information. No personal information is annotated on your key tag. Your pet’s name and our administrative number is our cross reference from your contract to the keys which are kept separated in our company locking key boxes.
- We request that clients provide two copies of the house key during the Registration Interview. Your representative will keep one key secured in their keybox and the office will secure the back-up copy for emergency situations.
- In the event you have an unscheduled need for service and your primary pet care provider is out of town, the second key allows us to meet your needs without an additional delay in obtaining a key. We can also assist if you lock yourself out of the house!
- Please do not ask us to return keys by locking them inside the home on the final visit. If you request to have your key returned, it will be returned to you by mail. We can, at your request, leave your key with a trusted neighbor or in a safe hiding place outside the home. We must be able to access the home for continuing pet care if you are delayed in returning.
- Your pet sitting representative is familiar with most home security systems but may request a “walk through” of setting and disarming your system to understand its nuances. We cannot be responsible for false alarms when systems have been armed or disarmed according to your instructions. You have several options with respect to your security code.
- You may provide your pet care provider with your personal code.
- You may change the code for the duration of service or provide us with a ‘guest code’ that is only activated during the contracted period.
- You may choose to leave the system disarmed while you are away.
- We are busiest during the holiday periods and often are fully committed prior to holidays. We strongly suggest that you make reservations at least 45 days in advance of major holidays. If paying by check, please send remit one half of your total bill for the holiday trip 30 days in advance of your departure.
- During peak holidays, time spent on visits may be slightly shortened due to the need to provide service for a larger number of clients. Our high-quality, loving care for your pets and meticulous attention to detail, however, will never be sacrificed.
- There is a 25% cancellation fee during the Thanksgiving, Christmas and July 4th holiday seasons if we are unable to reallocate your reserved time to someone on our waiting list. Inevitably, we will turn away other clients because we reserved our pet care provider’s time for your pet care needs.
These policies and fees are subject to change from time to time as necessary.
Pets Are People Too! LLC reserves the right to make exceptions to policies when prudent.
We thank you for your understanding and compliance with our company policies;
Please do not hesitate to request clarification!
(April 30, 2006)
This document is the sole property of pet sitting company and may not be reproduced in whole or in part without the expressed written consent the pet sitting company.