- Pet sitter is authorized to perform pet and home care services as outlined in the contract. Company agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of the company.
- Pet sitter is authorized by signature on the contract to seek emergency veterinary care for the client’s pets with release from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense. Should the specified veterinarian be unavailable, pet sitter is authorized to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian. The client agrees to reimburse pet sitter for expenses incurred plus any additional fees for attending to this or any expenses incurred for any other pet food, supplies or home care needed. In the event of the client's delayed departure or early return home, the client is responsible to notify the company representative in sufficient time to avoid the expense of unnecessary visits.
- Fees for first-time clients are due in full prior to departure. Established clients are requested to leave payment in full on kitchen counter. If applicable, additional assessed fees (i.e. veterinary care, pet transportation, or the need to purchase pet food, kitty litter, etc.) will be billed. In the event of the client’s delayed return, additional visits on this contract shall be billed at the agreed contract rate.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster precluding safe travel, pet sitter is entrusted to use his/her best judgment in caring for pets and home. Pet sitter will be held harmless from consequences related to such decisions.
- If the primary pet care provider is unable to perform service, the client authorizes pet sitter to arrange for another company care provider to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract.
- The client’s authorization of any other person; including housekeepers, contractors, family members, relatives, or friends and neighbors of any age; to enter the client’s home during this or any future period constitutes a shared-visits arrangement. Access to the home by realtors and prospective buyers must also be disclosed to our company. Because company does not have sole access to the client’s home and does not exercise sole care for the client’s pets, company cannot be held responsible for incidents involving the home or pets during such periods. Accordingly, the client hereby agrees to hold company harmless for any incidents involving the home or the pets during all periods of service that include shared-visits arrangements or during the time the house is “on the market” and realtors/prospective buyers have access to the home.
- If the client requests that company leave the pet unattended for periods of time in an outside area, either around or near the client’s residence, client hereby agrees to hold company harmless in the event of any injury or death to the pet occurring during the times in which company, as requested by the client, leaves the pet unattended. This may include, but is not limited to, requests to leave dogs unattended on the client’s property, either in an enclosed area or not, a cat left to roam outside of the home and its property, or a pet left in an electronic containment system (invisible fence) which may or may not be operational.
- All pets are to be currently vaccinated. Should the company representative be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s animal, it will be the client’s responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the victim.
- Pet sitter reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time before or during its term if company, in its sole discretion, determines that the client’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of the company representative. If concerns prohibit pet sitter from caring for the pet, the client authorizes pet to be placed in a boarding facility with all charges there from to be charged to the client.
- The client authorizes this signed contract to be valid approval for future services of any purpose provided by this contract. Pet sitter is permitted to accept telephonic reservations for future service and update pertinent information without additional signed contracts or written authorization. This contract can be terminated at any time for any reason at the request of either party.
My signature on this contract confirms that I have reviewed this Service Contract for accuracy and understand the contents of this document.
This document is the sole property of company and may not be reproduced in whole
or part without the expressed written consent of pet sitter.